If you wish to avoid a foreclosure on your Baton Rouge, Louisiana house, or if you just need to sell your Baton Rouge house fast for another reason (you inherited a house, relocating and need to sell, lost your job, agent can’t sell your house, etc.), then one of the best options that you can consider is thinking about finding an investor to buy your Baton Rouge Louisiana house for cash.
Selling quick to an investor to avoid foreclosure doesn’t just help you by improving your credit rating but you also usually get extra money into your account. You might say, “I don’t care about my credit score.”, and I get it. Some random formula shouldn’t determine how easy it is for you to borrow money, but it does. It helps you pay less to buy cars, houses, and even get credit cards. A bad credit score also makes it hard for you to get approved to rent a home! By selling quick to avoid foreclosure, your score will remain higher (up to 100 points), and you can use the money from the sale to help you buy another house, work on a business, or anything else!
Buy My House for Cash in Baton Rouge, Louisiana: The Plan
The first step that you need to take in order to sell your Baton Rouge house fast to someone with a “buy my Baton Rouge Louisiana house for cash” mentality, is to come up with a game plan. This is true if you were listing on the market too.
If you use a real estate agent, they can help you come up with the plan. You should talk to your lender too, to let them know you are trying to sell and see if they will let you negotiate down the amount you owe. You need to know what properties are selling for in your neighborhood, which you can do on Zillow or realtor.com, but you must make sure that the properties you are looking at look like yours. If the properties you are looking at all have new kitchens with granite and stainless steel appliances and you have laminate countertops and old yellow appliances, your house isn’t going to be worth anywhere near that amount. If you have an agent, they should be able to provide these numbers to you. It is called a CMA or comps report.
1. How fast do you need to sell?
It all starts with the timeline. The more time you have, the more options. If you need to sell in 1-2 months, you probably don’t have time to list with an agent. You can try to sell it by yourself FSBO, or sell your house to a local professional house buyer like BuyHousesBR LLC (or you can give us a call at 225-288-7209 and we can make you a fast-fair, all-cash offer on your Baton Rouge area house).
2. How much do you need to sell your Baton Rouge house for?
There is a big difference between wants and needs. If you want to sell your house for top dollar, but you have to sell fast and can’t afford to list it with an agent, you need to shift your thinking into what do I need to get out of this sale.
That’ll help guide you to your true options for selling.
If the price you “need” to get doesn’t leave room for a real estate agents commission, you may need to look at selling the house FSBO (for sale by owner) or getting an offer from a local real estate house buying company like us, to see if that gets you closer to where you need to end up.
On the flip side, if you need near full-retail value and you can wait it out for a retail buyer to come along who can pay that price, list your house on the MLS. If you don’t have the time, consider talking to us for a fast cash offer on your house (we can make you an offer in less than 24 hours after we walk through the property and close in as little as 7 days in some situations, with all cash).
3. Look into your options and take action!
There are things you can control and things you can’t. If you’re looking for someone who can say “yes”! when you ask them to “buy my Baton Rouge Louisiana house for cash”, the main things you need to determine yourself are:
- How fast you NEED to sell
- How much you NEED to get out of the sale
Once you know those, look at your options below as a quick guide to help you decide which options may work for you with your local Baton Rouge house sale.
- Real Estate Agent: This is great if your house is in very good shape in a desirable neighborhood and you can wait 2+ months to sell and can afford the 3-6% in commissions on the sale. Going with an agent will typically get you your highest price, but it does come with expenses like repairs, staging, photos, and monthly costs of owning a property.
- Local Real Estate Investor / House Buyer: If you need to sell fast, we can buy your Baton Rouge house in as little as 7 days, but usually beween 15-30 days. We won’t be able to pay full-retail on your house, but we don’t charge any fees at all. What we offer you is what we pay you. If you value your time and a quick sale more than getting the most out of your house, call us today at (225) 288-7209 or click the link below to fill out our online fast offer form.
- For Sale By Owner: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell but can’t afford the 3-6% in commissions to an agent, you may want to try to sell it yourself. You also can use FSBO Baton Rouge for a few hundred dollars to get a little more exposure than just a yard sign.
- Talk To Your Bank: If your mortgage is “underwater” or you’re in or nearing foreclosure, your first step may be to talk to your bank to see if they have any mortgage relief programs. Some banks offer assistance or can at least guide you in a direction to lessen the burden. Another option that we can offer if you owe what it is worth, is purchasing the home subject-to the existing mortgage. How that works is we take over your mortgage payments for you, get you back to current, title transfers to us, and you are off the hook. You still have the mortgage in your name, so it will be hard for you to purchase a new home, but it would have been anyway if you went through foreclosure. Then, when we sell or refinance, we would let you know and you would be able to get a new mortgage.
We can help you strategize how to sell your Baton Rouge Louisiana house fast. Give us a call at (225) 288-7209 for help selling your house fast, or fill out our form to see if your property qualifies for a fast, fair all-cash offer.
There are several reasons why you may be thinking “buy my Baton Rouge Louisiana house for cash – please let it be that simple” (and it can be). Regardless of your reasons, you need to prepare your house for sale just as you would any other product. A thoughtful preparation WILL turn your home into an attractive option for buyers. Doing it this way, you can sell your house fast and get top dollars.