Foreclosure is scary. Nobody wants to lose their home to a bank, and there are many reasons why it could happen. It is a nightmare for any family to have to go through. Today we are going to look at the foreclosures effects in Baton Rouge Louisiana and what local house sellers need to know. We will look at the effects of foreclosure first, then dive into the ways of easing them.
Foreclosure Effects in Baton Rouge Louisiana on Sellers
- Loss of your home – This is the result that everyone fears the most. The bank can take your home and usually you walk away with nothing.
- Decrease in Your Credit Score – Your credit score will be lowered by the foreclosure. This is often worse than losing your home because it can disqualify you from loans in the future. That effects you if you want to buy a car, house, or even rent. The amount that your score will decrease depends on how high it was. If it is already low, it won’t matter that much, but if you have a high score, it could be disastrous. If you have a credit score of 680 or higher, you may see a drop of 100+ points.
- Depression and Stress – Your mental health is at stake because of the high pressure situation. Going through a foreclosure is emotionally exhausting and frustrating to say the least.
- House Values In Your Community – Another one of the big foreclosure effects in Baton Rouge Louisiana is that foreclosures tend to lower the overall value of the houses in your neighborhood. This effect tends to be worse if there are multiple foreclosures in the immediate area. Although this doesn’t impact you directly, it is better for your neighbors for you to avoid foreclosure.
How You Can Ease The Effects Of Foreclosure In Baton Rouge
For the well being of you and your family, you need to mitigate the effects of foreclosure as much as you can. The process can be frustrating and time consuming, but there are people who can help you navigate your different options in the process.
- Call your bank and work with them: Banks don’t love taking their client’s houses. Because of that, many banks will work with you if you can show that with their help you can get back on track and resume payments. Another option if you just want out of the house but you owe more on the house than it’s worth is a short sale. To do this, you would have to ask the bank if they have any programs to lower the mortgage burden so you can get out from underneath it without it going through an expensive foreclosure.
- Talk with a local real estate expert, like BuyhousesBR: We know the local Baton Rouge real estate market well and are very experienced in the foreclosure process here in Louisiana. Give us a call at (225) 366-7679 and we can guide you toward the resources that can possibly help you. There are many other people who can help though, and if you don’t trust us, you can talk to the HUD, who can connect you with a housing councilor for free! The HUD is a government agency who helps people obtain home ownership. They have another resource here, which could also help you.
- Sell your house: If you’d rather find a way to sell your house and avoid the foreclosure all together, great! We buy local Baton Rouge houses for cash and would love to look at your situation and make you a fair all-cash offer on your house. Just call us at (225) 366-7679 or shoot us your details through this website.
With the above knowledge on foreclosure effects in Baton Rouge – what sellers need to know, you can guard yourself by calling BuyhousesBR at (225) 366-7679 and we shall assist you in the shortest time possible to sell your house. However, to fast track the process, kindly fill out our website contact form to give us more information about you. We’d love to connect with you and help you find the best solution!